Wednesday, January 30, 2013

M.I.A.

I bet you think I have been MIA for a while. You are right. I have been so busy, and I have been neglecting something way too important to let any more time pass. My postings to you will hopefully get back on track. Even if I take some time away from writing your blog, it doesn't mean I am not thinking about all the amazing things you have accomplished. You are in 7th grade now. Wow, that is really hard for me to believe. In a year and half you will be at the high school with me. Where in the world has the time gone??? You have had a busy year and are much more involved in school. You played on the Cook Rangers 7th grade football team. I am definitely proud of you! There were over 70 kids on your team, and you were lucky enough to play in every game and on several plays. You played on offense and seemed to really enjoy yourself. You had quite a cheering squad! Papoo, Kiki's family, Ma and Pa, Uncle Zachy and Aunt Valerie, Mae Mae, Aunt Vicki, Ms. Debra, our family and Vickie were there to cheer you on for your games. And don't let me forget Ms. Dana. She has become like a second mom to you. You spend almost every weekend at her house. You and Jacob have formed a lasting friendship. Riding 4 wheelers and camping outside has become some of your favorite past times. I am glad you are hanging out with such a good friend. Sometimes it is hard to find good friends in life. So always treat your friends with respect and stand up for them. Middle school is difficult and sometimes comes with drama. Don't ever let something someone says or does intimidate you or make you feel bad about yourself. You are an amazing and smart young man. You can do anything you set your mind to. You have created so many beautiful pieces in wood shop this year. We will always treasure our special gifts. Continue to have pride in yourself and your school. Show your school spirit and cheer loud when you attend the other sporting events at your school. Always know that I am thinking about you. I know Mamoo is smiling down on you. Whenever you feel the warmth of the sun on your face, imagine the gentle kiss Mamoo is sending you from heaven. I know she is so proud of you. Continue to hold her in your heart and do all the things in life that would make her so proud. This week will be 6 years since we said goodbye to her.  She may not be here with us physically, but I continue to see her in you every day. Thanks for always keeping her spirit alive. You are an amazing young man, and I am proud to call you my son.

I love you!
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment